Traveling again

I love travel nursing, I really do, but unexpected things happen.... In the last two days, we've seen and experienced some unusual occurences....

1. Radiator leak stop from Bar's Company is our best friend... need a new (very large) radiator... blew a leak three time since Mineapolis to Williston, ND.

2. I'm now moving to New Mexico on a new assignment.  The hospital that I was at in Williston is a small town hospital.  I was told that when OB in slow or closed that I need to "help out" in Med/Surg....They neglected to tell me that I am required to take patients in Med/Surg (no experience there in last 15 years)... Then, the next night without OB pts. I was told that I should get used to the charting as I'd need to take my own Med/Surg. patients... Then, the next night the house Supervisor tried to send me to the ER to "help out"... you know that won't last long... I said "I'm not comfortable with that..." and stayed in Med/Surg to help out. The other nurse that was on orientation with me for OB went home instead... Cross Country let the Manager know that this was not covered under liability insurance.... They decided to let me go... fine with me... Found a new contract the same day. Moral of the story, don't contract nurse at a small rural hospital unless you are ready to be the go-to girl for everything!!! Or, get it written in the contract where you can float and where you can not float!

3. Driving from Mt. Rushmore toward Sturgis and we see a semi pulled over to the right, State Trooper helping out... fire somewhere under the semi, then, just as we are getting closer.... BOOM.... huge explosion...black smoke everywhere.... and then a lone ball cap rolls out of the dust and smoke in front of our RV.... poor guy... didn't stand a chance.

4. A few miles down the road from that, I'm washing up in the bathroom and I hear a flapping on the roof.... Oh Oh.... I yell toward the front "Barry pull over - there's something flapping outside!!!!!!"  By the time he pulls over, the 15 foot patio awning is fully extended and the wind is tossing it around like paper.  4 bungy cords later and then duct tape and we are ready to go.... Well, looking on the bright side, we wanted a new automatic awning and screen room anyways... sigh... more repairs.  

At least we are still intact and functioning... Pray we make it to Albuquerque, people!!!   

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"... to quote Dora...(Nat., that's for you)  Enjoy the pics...












No comments: